Alas it’s Saturday . Attibutes: Originally found on Patently Queer who got it from Rejected Reality. And now that I’ve added the latter to my RSS feeds the probability that I’ll actually do this on a Saturday have increased considerably.
Saturday 9: Same Old Lang Syne
- This week’s song is the tale of an accidental holiday encounter between former lovers. They sit in her car and spend hours catching up, then she gives him a chaste kiss and they never see one another again. Is there a past love who still has a special spot in your heart, despite the years or the miles since your relationship? I cannot say I’ve ever had this happen to me. But then Keyron and I have been together for nearly 20 years now so the probability of anything like this happening falls off at the inverse.
- This week’s song includes a play on the traditional Scottish song, “Auld Lang Syne.” Have you ever visited Scotland?
Since I don’t play golf, have no interest in Haggis, but there is a high probability that I have a half-brother in Scotland but I’ve not yet been there.
- Mother Winters has long told Sam (the author of this meme, and host of Saturday 9) that if she has a glass of water for every glass of champagne she drinks on New Year’s Eve, she’ll feel better on New Year’s Day. Do you have a favorite hangover prevention tip or cure?
Yes I do. A hangover is mostly due to dehydration as alcohol is a diuretic. Ever notice you tend to urinate a lot more when drinking alcohol? Yes indeed.
But the trick is this: Before going to bed a two big glasses of water, and some excedrin. Then in the morning down a high caffeine beverage of choice.
- Do you like champagne?
Oh give me a nice dry champagne. I love it.
- This year at midnight, Crazy Sam will kiss the nose of her puppy, Chico. Will you be kissing anyone when the clock strikes 12?
Well of course I will. If you see above – twenty years and all.
- The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was the runaway publishing phenomenon of 2012. It was so successful that the publisher, Random House, was able to give its employees massive bonuses this year. Have you read it?
Absolutely no desire to read female soft-porn. Male on the other hand maybe.
- Year-end is a time for newspapers, magazines and websites to run lists. According to Askmen.com, Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games is the at the of the year’s “Most Desirable Woman” list. People magazine has declared Channing Tatum “The Sexiest Man Alive — 2012.” Do either of these two set your pulse racing? If not, who is your celebrity crush?
Not at all. Channing Tatum isn’t my cup of tea. My tastes run a lot, well, darker and richer. And in 2012 I didn’t see any real breakouts in that respect.
- Pasadena, California, is known for hosting the traditional Rose Parade. It begins at 8:00 AM on January 1, so the people who watch it live must be there very early. Does the thought of getting up and dressed to sit in the California sun, bright and early on New Year’s morning appeal, to you?
I’ve seen plenty of sun rises in my life so it wouldn’t be such an issue to be up and there for 08:00 hours. However it does not APPEAL to me at all.
- Sometimes aches and pains that aren’t serious can still really hurt. For example, Sam just dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot and the little red mark it left is making her crazy! Are you suffering through a bump or bruise or cut right now?
Nothing major at the moment. My lower back will every now and then remind me that I’m only human but other than that, nothing major.