Ok here’s a meme – things I love.
- Of course the love of my life gets top spot in this list. Were it not for the love of him I don’t know if I’d be as ambitious a motherfucker as I am.
- Getting feedback from a friend that you had a huge impact on their life. That ranks way up there too. But it’s what I do – I like developing talents in others.
- Seeing the sunrise every morning while I’m on the commuter train.
- Reading a good book. It can vary – I’m reading a lot more political stuff lately.
- Good music as I’m near always found with a set of these on my head. The flyover provides a nice sort of halo for me. And those tigerwood cans – the resonance off them makes everything sound fantastic.
- Good food. This one is a broad category. Actually toyed with buying some squid to make calamari today. And bacon wrapped scallops are delicious, so too Hosomaki which is interesting. As a kid I pretty much abhorred fish. Now I’ll eat almost any of it. Just haven’t had cod in a long time.
- Nice leather furniture. My ass is parked on a leather recliner as I type this.
- Animals. We have one resident feline by the name of Angie. But I also love seeing the wild rabbits feeding on the lawn that surrounds the path I take the train station every morning.
- A good waterproof backpack. Each day I pack off to work with my lunch, laptop, Fire HD6, cables, tools, etc. in my backpack. So it’s a good one. The inner surfaces are vinyl lined so no moisture can penetrate the backpack.
- Timberland Hikers – they’re awesome during the winter and even spring when things get a little bit mucky out there.
- My hoodies – I’ve got three currently that I rotate through. One is in all black and has a Big Daddy and Little Sister on the back. Another is dark navy blue and has an atom on the front and the saying “A Day without Fusion is like a day without Sunshine.”. And finally there’s the light blue that says “We are all connected – to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and the Universe Atomically.”
- The fact that there’s almost nothing I can’t find online related to video and music.
- The technology around me at this very moment. I’ve now lost count of the number of Central Processing Units there are around me at any given time. They’re that ubiquitous.
- Spring and Summer – spring is nature getting dressed up and to quote the song, July is dressed up and playing a tune. Really.