Byran Fischer is the Drunken Uncle at a Wedding September 11, 2013Posted by truthspew in Uncategorized.
Tags: Anti-gay, Bryan Fischer, Religious Right is Wrong
add a comment
This is a fascinating read. It seems the religious right (Which is never correct) is coming apart at the seams.
Not surprising. I’ve written about Fischer before. He’s a blowhard that’s for damned sure. And his scare tactics are easily debunked.
That’s all I’m going to say. The linked article does a much better job of it.
More on the Rev. Codega correspondence May 6, 2013Posted by truthspew in Uncategorized.
Tags: Animus, Anti-gay, Catholic Church
1 comment so far
So I sent the Rev. Codega and email that I was happy that marriage equality finally passed and how I guessed the anti-gay animus of the Catholic church didn’t hold.
He of course counters that there’s any animus including in what Bishop of Asshatedness Tobin had to say recently when he warned his flock of sheep that attending gay nuptials could endanger their faith.
Despite what Codega maintains – it’s animus.
A thorough debunk of the Regnerus ‘study’ July 13, 2012Posted by truthspew in Uncategorized.
Tags: Anti-gay, Anti-LGBT, Catholic Church, NOM, Regnerus, Roman Catholic Church
I’ll let you read it. This needs to be shared far and wide – to everyone you know.
Because it is a classic debunking of NOM’s subterfuge. The bigots at NOM got caught with their pants down when the memo surface a while back. You know the memo that said drive a wedge between the LGBT and African-American communities, and to find people with professional credence to help propel their cause.
And what do you know, they found a University of Texas professor by the name of Mark Regnerus. I’m sorry but with such a sloppy sociological study why is Regnerus still employed by UT? He should be bounced out post haste.
But the truth comes out, Regnerus is of course a fucking Catholic. That seems to be the core of NOM’s existence, Catholicism.
Or more to the point fundamentalist Catholicism. I don’t know where these people got their training in Catholicism. But I can tell you as a product of twelve years of Catholic schools, I have a rather different view of the whole thing, enough so I can go head to head with most priests on matters of dogma.
Maybe it’s because I was in while the effects of Vatican II were still being felt, before that mutt Pope John Paul II decided to evangelize the church and scrap the progressive reforms of Vatican II.
But my point is, we now know our enemy, it is the Roman Catholic Church. So what are we going to do?
Tags: Animus, Anti-gay, bigotry, Kalley Yanta, Minnesota for Marriage, Minnesota Marriage Minute
1 comment so far
I’ve been watching these inane Minnesota Marriage Minutes for some time and I always find it interesting that the bigots don’t allow you to comment on their YouTube videos. They even disable ratings. It is akin to someone holding their hands over their ears and shouting ‘La la la la la’ in order to not hear something that would cause cognitive dissonance.
But in this case I’ve decided that I will make my comments in the most logical place, my blog. And I know I’ve been lax on tagging posts but you can bet your ass I’ll be certain to tag these appropriately. I want them to be very easy to search out on Google and other engines.
I’ll take it point by point with my responses:
1) First of all they use stock photography : Family with kids, couple no kids, couple no kids, and then just a bunch of kids. You can read a lot into this. First of all they try to make it appear that those are the norm. Of all of the photos, the last one of just kids is the most normal of all without any baggage.
2) Calling Judge Walker’s judgment ‘preposterous’ is interesting. It wasn’t that traditional marriage violates the Federal Constitution, oh no. It was that law violated the constitution, more specifically the BAN of same-sex marriage in California’s Prop 8. And calling into question Walker’s alleged homosexuality is a false flag tactic. I say that because any jurists try and balance a case against the Constitution. And the arguments made against Prop 8 which btw, have been confirmed at the Appellate level, were solid. That’s the thing about law, you have to PROVE you case with facts, not superstition and personal feelings, something our opponents cannot do.Yanta saying it “… may have colored…” is interesting. She’s essentially telling us that this is her OPINION.
3) Yanta tries to bring up a 1972 court case in Minnesota. That it was 40 years ago says it all. 1972 saw the country still being Neanderthal in it’s thinking about gay rights even then. You didn’t have any preponderance of people that were living out and productive lives. For us to live openly took time. As we have done so many people, in fact more than half the average sample population in surveys on marriage equality, have been supportive. She says that no other Federal court has ever reached such a ‘radical’ conclusion. Well yes peaches, that’s because in 1972 you didn’t know a whole lot of gay people. Now you do.
4) She calls Minnesota’s law ‘defining marriage as a man and a woman’ is not only rational but profoundly in the common good’ – that may be so however changing marriage law to be gender free would only ENHANCE marriage not destroy it. She continues to say ‘It is motivated by a sincere and well placed to ensure that children born are known by and cared for by their natural parents. Children need a mother and father” and she goes on to quote the ideal environment for children. This is the standard falsehood spread by the likes of NOM. It is false because what about the unwanted children out there? Would Yanta want them to languish in an orphanage or in state care, rather than let a gay couple adopt and rasise those kids? That right there is the epitome of animus.
5) Yes Ms. Yanta, it is about hatred and animus. You can try to mask it any way you wish but you have animus towar the LGBT community.
So if you don’t want to have yourself called out on your shit, maybe you shouldn’t even make the videos in the first place.
Please name them April 23, 2012Posted by truthspew in Uncategorized.
Tags: Anti-gay, Bigots, Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters, Truth4Time
This morning I was treated to a post on Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters regarding a group called Truth4Time that wanted to take down gay blogs, counter our message that it IS discrimination and bigotry, etc.
Now in the post the following was said by the author of the article:
And just who are the members of this group you ask? I have the list of the members, but I won’t reveal it because many are ordinary citizens, not public figures.
However, that’s not to say that Truth4Time does not many contain public figures and prominent members of the anti-gay industry, including:
a Fox News pundit,
former employees of Concerned Women for America and The Family Research Council,
a prominent member of the American Family Association,
long term anti-gay activists, including those who testified in front of Congress,
prominent members of the so-called “ex-gay” movement,
a member of a state legislature,
college professors from right-wing universities,
activists who have called for laws declaring homosexuality illegal,
members of a prominent anti-gay marriage equality group, and
various religious right talking heads who us bloggers have had to refute many times in the past.
Looking at the list that Alvin has given I’d say at least name those in the list. Why keep us in the dark? After all if you expect to be victorious you have to know your enemy. And believe me Truth4Time is our enemy.
And as to the ‘ordinary’ citizens I don’t buy it. They forfeited the right to being ordinary the minute they signed on as minions of Truth4Time and should be named too.
Put it this way, in this day and age one should have NO EXPECTATION of privacy. None whatsoever. And if you’re going to make threats against the gay community you sure as hell should have your name plastered all over the web.
So come on Alvin, name them all!